Angel investors in London – A deep dive
The city of London provides a lot of benefits to young entrepreneurs wishing to start a business. The advantage of being connected to the world’s main trade countries is one of the many benefits that the city of London offers new entrepreneurs wishing to start a business. In this blog, we’ll look at how angel investors in London can help entrepreneurs.
In this blog we will explore:
- What is an Angel Investor
- How Angel Investors in London can help entrepreneurs
- How to find Angel investors in London
- The 10 Most active angel investment platforms in London according to SeedLegals
What is an Angel Investor?
An angel investor is a person who puts their own money into a small business in exchange for a share of the company’s ownership. They are usually business owners and has a lot of experience in the field. Therefore, it‘s important for the angel investor and the entrepreneur to have a good working relationship.
How Angel Investors in London Can Help Entrepreneurs
There are numerous ways angel investors in London can help both new and experienced entrepreneurs.
- MentorshipBesides being wealthy individuals that engage in small businesses and start-ups for financial returns, angel investors can provide assistance and advice, as well as providing contacts and knowledge that can help a new business flourish as new business entrepreneurs frequently seek not only funding, but also mentorship.
- ValidationAngel investment can give your business credibility for additional rounds of investments.
How to find Angel investors in London
To begin, evaluate whether angel investment is suitable for your business. It might be an option if your business is in its early phases such as pre-revenue, pre-profit, or profitable early stage and you have strong plans to grow.
You should have a firm grasp of the amount of money you require, as well as a solid understanding of why you require it and how you intend to spend it. Prepare estimates and a growth strategy to show where your company is headed.
As part of your pitch, it’s crucial to tell a convincing story about yourself and your company – Angels are fast to make decisions and can identify a good opportunity quickly.
The 10 Most active angel investment platforms in London according to Seedlegals.com
Over the last two years, the following angel groups, networks, and syndicates have made the most investments in London-based businesses.
- 24 HaymarketTypically invest between £60k and £4m and focus on bringing proven products and themes to the market.
- Angel Investment NetworkInvestment ranges between £10k and £10m from over 200,000 registered investors.
- Angels Den Angel NetworkInvestments typically range between £100k – £600k. The fund provides pitching and ‘SpeedFunding’ events as part of its Angel Club package, which includes pitch coaching, a half-hour pitch at a Club event, and the opportunity to meet the angel network.
- Angels in MedCityTypically invests in the healthcare, medical technology and life sciences sectors with an average ticket size of £300k.
- Cambridge AngelsThe network of 50+ investors typically invests between £50k and £500k although it may well commit further funds over several rounds.
- Cambridge Capital GroupTypically invests between £50k and £500k as part of a larger funding round. CCG provides investment for technology development and for the commercialisation of intellectual property.
- Clearly Social AngelsNetwork of 700+ high net worth (HNW) individuals who invest. As well as funding, they also provide business support and financial advisory services including business plan review and financial projections.
- FigFig works with companies across any sector, typically looking to raise £500k to £5m.
- FirestartrThe fund co-invests with domain experts in the sectors of SaaS/Cloud Infrastructure, Digital Media, Fintech and E-Commerce/Marketplaces.
- FSE Angel GroupIndividual investors in the network typically invest between £10k and £50k , frequently collaborating to form larger rounds. The fund invests in companies at the following stages: post proof of concept and at or close to revenue generation in addition to later stage revenue generation.
We hope you enjoyed our article on how angel investors in London can help ambitious entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs often ask themselves what they need to do in order to get funding. Angel investors are a great option but it can be difficult to know how to go about getting funding. With the information provided in this article, we hope that you will be able to get funding for your business. We encourage entrepreneurs to reach out to us anytime and we will be happy to help you out. Please contact us anytime at drop.studio Thank you for reading, we would love to hear from you!