As we recount our past success stories, one that calls for our attention is The Funky Iron crowdfunding campaign, which succeeded throughout their live campaign on Seedrs in 2017, topping their initial target of £100,000 with 37%.
Funky Iron crowdfunding - The brand
The Funky Iron is a British company, who focused on designing an electric steam iron which is practical and attractive to their customers while being committed to the environment, using recyclable packaging materials. They designed a stylish and highly functional steam iron with a 450ml water tank level, 50 grams per minute of continuous steam, a self-clean option and a auto-off feature. The product is aimed at those who enjoy uniquely designed and eye-catching household appliances.
Funky Iron crowdfunding - How Drop Studio supported them
In 2017, The Funky Iron chose Seedrs as their crowdfunding platform, with plans to raise funds to aid the development and online distribution of the product. The Funky Iron came to us to produce their crowdfunding campaign video. The video we produced displayed the functionality of the product and its components and how distinctive the design. We captured the different members of The Funky Iron team, discussing the importance and value of their brand and why investors should hop on board.
Funky Iron crowdfunding - Their journey on Seedrs
The Funky Iron crowdfunding campaign went live on 1st of February 2017, having pre-raised £39,548 from their private investment round. In the first 20 days, their funding progress increased steadily. The founders of the brand were constantly approaching their existing investors and with some support from Drop Studio, The Funky Iron campaign had a tremendous jump from £62,924 funded to £96,288 in two days. It took a couple of days for the campaign to reach its target and 15 days later for it to overfund. A slow start with a successful ending!
How Drop Studio can help you
- Immediate feedback on whether your business is suitable for crowdfunding
- Access to Drop Studio's Crowdfunding Accelerator Service – available for Crowdcube approved campaigns only
- Crowdfunding strategy and planning
- Marketing strategy and marketing content – social media posts, ads, emails
- Management of social media profiles, ads and email marketing
- Crowdfunding video production – treatment & script writing, filming, editing with animation, promotional content
- Ongoing crowdfunding support throughout the whole campaign