We would like to introduce you to our latest client - Marloe Watch Company who have smashed Crowdcube by raising a staggering amount of £620,640 and overfunded by 620%. Let's discover why the Marloe crowdfunding campaign was attractive to many investors around the globe.
The Brand - Marloe Watch Company
Marloe Watch Company is an independent designer and producer of wrist-watches based in Henley-on-Thames who aim to reinvigorate the world of mechanical timepieces. Their craftsmanship is reflected through the fine detail and quality of component parts. They pride themselves on high-quality, affordable timepieces that occupy a fresh space within a crowded industry. Furthermore, Marloe have achieved hundreds of positive coverage from national press including BBC’s article ‘Comeback Time’.
How Drop Supported Them | Marloe Crowdfunding
Having chosen Drop Studio as their consultants, Marloe Watch Company received guidance on their whole crowdfunding campaign. To begin with, we tailored our advice to help them optimise successful engagement with investors and to market the campaign well. Working on the Marloe crowdfunding campaign, we advised the team on their crowdfunding strategies such as setting their minimum and maximum targets. In addition, we advised them on investors segmentation, strategy and psychology where we directed them to set up Open Days with investors, either inviting them into the office to show off the product or to coffee meet-ups. Our guidance helped strengthen engagement and connection with investors.
It was a great opportunity to work alongside Marloe by consulting them through every step of the way. It was an exciting project to work on and we had no doubt of their success on Crowdcube.
Crowdcube Journey | Marloe Crowdfunding
The Marloe crowdfunding campaign went live with 90% already pre-raised through a private launch, smashing their £100,000 goal. In less than two weeks in, Marloe rocketed through their campaign, surpassing 200%. Their campaign’s momentum continued to rapidly accelerate, smashing 300%, 400% to finally ending their campaign with £620,640 funds raised, toppling their initial goal by 620%.
What made their crowdfunding campaign a success | Marloe Crowdfunding
- In the first place, it's important to note that the client has had two successful Kickstarter campaigns prior to the Crowdcube crowdfunding campaign. Back in 2016 and 2018 Marloe raised £180k and then £190k building themselves up as a reputable brand and carefully nurturing a community of devoted followers;
- In addition, together we worked on their campaign strategies, setting up realistic goals on how much they should raise, when they should go live and how they can attract engagement with investors such as Open Day events where investors could get to know and ask questions about the campaign.
How Drop can turn your idea into a success story
- Immediate feedback on whether your business is suitable for crowdfunding;
- Access to Drop Studio’s Crowdfunding Accelerator Service;
- Crowdfunding strategy and planning;
- Marketing strategy and guidance on marketing content such as social media posts and emails;
- Crowdfunding video production – treatment writing, script writing, shoot planning, filming, editing with animation, promotional content;
- Ongoing crowdfunding support throughout the whole campaign via a dedicated Campaign Manager.