Staark – Crowdfunding Case Study

Staark has pioneered in creating cycling clothing that fits people regardless of their physical appearance. With the help of Dimensioning Technology (equivalent to imaging scanning technology), Staark delivers a fit based on specific body shapes. The brand approached us to support their campaign to raise capital, which would help them scale-up their product. With our help, Staark’s Crowdcube crowdfunding campaign raised a substantial £161,035 – overfunding by 161% more than their initial target of £100,000! Here’s how Drop Studio helped Staark with their crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube.

Staark – The Brand

Currently, cycling and spin brands tend to cater to cyclists of a certain body shape. Shockingly, this amounts to only 20% cyclists – leaving the other 80% to seek other options. Staark identified this problem and created their Staark Dimensioning Technology, which aims to offer premium garments for all body shapes.

Staark products compliment a healthy, green, sustainable lifestyle as they are manufactured using ecologically-sound manufacturing processes, while controlling an ethical supply chain. The company’s target audience focuses on cyclists with a high disposable income who’s body shapes do not necessarily fit the mold of ‘elite’ athletes.

Staark Crowdfunding – How Drop Studio supported them

To start their first productions of the athleisure line and fuel the initial product launch, Staark decided to raise funds via crowdfunding. They enrolled into our Fundraising Accelerator which includes crowdfunding video production, our online crowdfunding course, support from a campaign manager and our investor research. Staark chose Drop Studio to create their crowdfunding campaign video for Crowdcube. From concept to implementation, our creative team was instrumental in communicating the brand’s vision, mission, and goals. The video created by us was an interactive chat show between the founders of Staark and British television presenter, Alex Zane. You can watch their crowdfunding campaign video below:

In addition to the crowdfunding video, the Fundraising Accelerator program provided the brand with the tools and techniques they needed to execute a successful crowdfunding campaign. They also received our Investor Research which helped them to find lead investors and grow their network.

How Drop Studio can support you

Fundraising Accelerator – Our Fundraising Accelerator gives you all the tools to run a successful fundraising campaign and it comprises of 3 key services: 

Crowdfunding Video Production (Applicable for Crowdcube/Seedrs, Kickstarter or Indigogo) – From writing creative film ideas and scripts to filming and editing with animation and 3D graphics, we create eye-catching videos to assist ambitious businesses in effectively communicating their ideas, products, or services. We also produce social assets from the video to be used to support your campaign. 

Online Course and Campaign Manager (Applicable for Crowdcube/Seedrs, Kickstarter or Indigogo) – The Online Course gives you step-by-step instructions and detailed guidance on strategic crowdfunding and campaign planning.  You’ll master how to plan and conduct effective campaigns on Crowdcube, Seedrs, Indiegogo, and Kickstarter as well as raising funds privately through Angel Investors. In addition, you will be assigned a campaign manager who will be on hand to support throughout your campaign and answer any questions you have.

Investor Research – Our Investor Research helps connect you with relevant investors. As a result, our investor research can help you onboard potential investors who may be interested in your campaign. 

Pitch Deck – The pitch deck is a crucial document that you will need. We help you formulate the right pitch that has the potential to draw in investors. We ensure that your pitch communicates your mission, vision, and explains your business in a clear and concise way, whether it’s for crowdfunding or private fundraising.